View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
I run a 2005 Dodge Power Wagon and it works for me. The only down side it’s hard on fuel and it gets tiring pulling other trucks out of the slop when they get stuck.

Soft suspension for a 3/4 ton with Bilstein shocks soaks up the bumps and wash board. A real heavy-duty axle up front that in 200,000km has never been apart and has only had the joints replaced once with Moog Problem-Solvers and is still tight and drives great. Stock 2” lift and 4.56 gears with electric lockers front and rear and a electronically disconnecting sway bar. Stock 12,000lb Warn winch. Tons of power, AC, comfortable, can tow or pack stuff, sleep in the back with a canopy, etc...and they can be found for under $10,000 in decent shape which leaves some money for fuel and pool noodles.

I know...but it’s a Dodge...lol. I personally like them and so far the only thing replaced on mine has been a power steering pump. Despite what I hear online mines been a solid truck and while I’m the second owner the last 6 years I’ve been anything but easy on it.
I had a 2013. Great truck until I had to replace the entire front diff... Not cheap. Bought it used with a 6" lift. When I traded it in, the sales manager at dodge asked if I was going to lift my new half ton... No chance!