View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 06:27 AM

Default Talbot Lake baby!

Made the day trip to Talbot Lake yesterday. Started off with a bit of chop. Nothing bad. Fishing was hot!
Wind kicked up by mid morning and fishing then became not so hot. But, I did explore around and found calm waters. Had a great day. Anytime the wind let up a bit, I seemed to catch something. The pike were also on the prowl throughout the lake and would take...pretty much anything.
One spot I saw two fish together sunning themselves. Since there were two I thought they were whites for sure. Casted my wee little hook at them. They both attacked and then I saw they were pike. Weird! Luckily I hooked one in the corner of the mouth and a good fight later, landed the pike on a wee, wee hook.

First whitefish landed maybe 3 casts in so in the first 5 min.

Morning chop and great views

Pike on.

Full limit - 5.1 and 4.1 lbers

Cooked one up fresh with butter, lemon, salt, pepper and a bit of garlic. It was fantastic. The fatter of the two is in the brine and will get smoked today.

Great day out!

Wind outside of Jasper was ridiculous. In-between Hinton and Edson a fire started and it grew quick. Saw quaders fleeing in every direction. Not sure if it was them who started it. After that I passed, fire truck, after fire hauling equipment, police...everyone was responding with everything they had. I hope they get it out. That wind is so bad for this. I hope it doesn't get added to another region with another wild fire.