View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
The greater the energy released into a deer from a bullet,creates a greater degree of shock within the deer's body.Human's die from shock and so do deer.once I witnessed a doe shot in the hind legs with a 300 win @ 250 yards.she droped instanley and was dead before she hit the ground. Now if you hit that same deer in the hinds with an arrow @ 40 yards do you think she would have dropped and died instantley from the "Hole's" in Her legs?
There are some major arteries in the hind legs and death from a hind leg shot is not uncommon. I somehow doubt she was instantly dead but blood loss could be massive causing very quick death. I guarantee she did not die from "Shock" before she hit the ground. If you really are interested in learning something from this thread, I'd highly recommend reading some of the very well written scientific papers. The one Peaks posted above is a good starting point. You'll see your thoughts on "shock" really bear little consideration. Shock is a word with many meanings and when caused by blood loss, then yes, I agree it could attribute to death.