View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchsl View Post
The remote wounding is rarely the cause of death, but rather a coumpounding factor. Ultimatly, the cause of death is stopping CNS function. The bleeding from a wound channel being the primary cause, the shockwave a catalyst speeding the process. Remote wounding can cause death from scientific studies I have read, example dogs and pigs shot in the thigh experienced brain and organ damage. The damage caused by this effect is still minimal compared to the trauma of the original wound from the projectile impact, even from a poorly placed shot.
It's possible there may have been temporary damage to the brain and other organs from a thigh shot but I doubt that damage was lethal and I doubt it was permanent. Damage does not mean a mortal wound. I'm sure when a deer gets shot in the antlers there is brain damage in the form of concusion but it's hardlt fatal nor is it permanent. I think you've got all the facts switchsl but I'm not sure you mtotally understand their ramifications. Rarely, does the "shockwave" contribute to death. It may contribute to an animal falling down or even causing temporary organ damage but energy doesn't kill and only occasionally does it aid in a kill.