View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 07:26 PM

Default O/U trouble firing from second barrel

Hoping someone can help me or at least point me in the right direction. I have a Browning Citori Over/Under 12 gauge that I purchased in November 2021 that I have been using for pheasant hunting.

I have noticed this fall on several occasions that if I miss on the first shot and go to pull the trigger for a second shot the second barrel will not fire until I press the trigger again (or even sometimes takes a couple trigger pulls before the second round will fire). I was using the under barrel first, so decided to try shooting the over first but noticed that the same thing happened in that it took a couple trigger pulls for the second barrel to fire. This does not "misfire" every time I go to use the second shot but seems to be happening more often than not. I have given it a good cleaning (took apart the barrel form the receiver and cleaned it) and the problem seems to be persisting.

Any ideas on the issue and whether or not this is an easy fix for me or whether it needs to go to a gunsmith this winter?

DR