View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 05:07 PM

I use the Triangle MasterCard (what used to be the Canadian Tire MasterCard) as my main credit card. The only other I use is President’s Choice MasterCard to fill up with gas and buy groceries at NoFrills, Superstore, etc. Everything else is paid for with the Triangle. I collect about $500-600 annually in Canadian Tire money. I bought a very nice patio set a few years ago paid for with CT money, a couple of years worth of collecting. I bought a $500 lawn mower with CT money, among other things. I usually pay for my tires with Canadian tire money (changing two at a time). Last year I bought this gun at Canadian Tire:

And I only paid a hundred and change in real money. Not sure why people are complaining about their guns being expensive. Every gun I bought there was at least $300 cheaper than anywhere else I looked online (except for the 10/22). The above Browning X-Bolt in .243 was $699 on clearance. I actually lucked out because I was coming to the store to pay $899 for it, which was the price I saw a few days previously. When I got to the store, I found out they had a firearms clearance event, so they dropped additional $200 off. Was a nice surprise.

With the premium (whatever it is called, World or something) Triangle MasterCard you also get a free road side assistance Canadian Tire provides, aka CAA, for free. My wife and I both have this credit cards. I can’t find anything better, really.

As for them carrying crap, well, it is just like any other store nowadays. You can find the crap you need if you need it. Tools are far from being perfection, but ain’t no way I would compare their tools to Princess Auto. The later one is pure garbage.

Edit: to add, I don’t really shop Canadian Tire much either.

Last edited by fishnguy; 07-03-2019 at 05:22 PM.