View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:00 PM

That said^^...again,just go with what gives YOU confidence,and if you are hunting heavily pressured Prairie yotes where they are used to killing jacks,then maybe you are more confident with jack sounds vs cottontail,as there is a distinct difference,jacks are much bigger animals then CTs and therefore louder and have that raspier voice......but I grew up in NB where we only have snowshoe hares,no jacks nor CTs,and I’ve killed yotes with all 3 calls,in fact,mostly jack voiced calls as they tend to be be louder and give me more confidence to reach out and call distant dogs/cover more ground per set/within earshot being as where we don’t have nearly the coyote population in NB as here in the west.
ie;if I go 1 for 10 on stands in NB I am doing really well imho and I’ve had many streaks over the years back east where I’ve gone 0 for 20 and more.
I consider 1 for 10 pretty poor to below average in most places I’ve hunted in Alberta.