Thread: Wmu 521 and 359
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 11:49 AM

I dont usually help people with almost no post when they ask where the elk are, but I will through you a bone. Its tough to get permission in both those units so you are best to hunt the crown anyway. The crown in 521 is relatively flatter than 359 and it makes locating and patterning the game much harder as they can be anywherea. It also is full of muskeg, swamps and beaver ponds. The clear cuts are old and overgrown. It also has no shortage of hunting pressure on its few roads including year round unregulated hunting as its handy to sturgeon lake res. Stick to the main river valleys of the southern mu and if you put in enough time (it takes a while to dial them in) or luck comes your way you may be eating elk. Anywhere that trucks and atvs can get in either unit is pretty picked over.
Also remember that there are lots of elk hunting opportunities south of there. Working in the bush I have consistently seen elk around whitecourt, edson and hinton , just to name a few. People seem to be under the impression that there's elk galore in the grande praire area and that is not really the case as the late season cow has dropped the population I dont believe its expanding.

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?