View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
It's not that I wouldn't want to get rid of people like this, I'm sure if you took a poll almost every outfitter would vote Lloyd never was able to guide, outfit or hunt again and I wish APOS had more power and the ability to remove such parasites. It's not a perfect system I agree but they do work hard to try and please most. I realize that in GWH case there was no doubt of his guilt but in other cases I feel F&W has over stepped their power and charged people that didn't deserve it. Outfitters and Residents alike. I wouldn't want to lose my outfitting rights if I was on the wrong end of a power trip.
As a member, you and other members probably have more chance of influencing improvements and change at APOS than anyone. Does the policy I listed below not give APOS the authority to fine and punt GWH and others that may be convicted of crimes as well.

It is the responsibility of each APOS member:
 to be familiar with all APOS policies that govern business practices, treatment of others and general conduct,
 to act in a professional manner and take steps to ensure others involved in outfitted hunting do the same, and
 to cooperate in maintaining professionalism within the industry, including bringing attention to activity or behaviour that may be damaging to APOS.
All violations of the APOS Code of Ethics may be subject to a penalty ranging from letters of reprimand to fines to temporary or permanent forfeiture of allocations to the suspension or loss of an outfitter guide permit and/or guide designation.Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS

Last edited by bobalong; 12-01-2013 at 12:55 PM.