View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9044 View Post
Red what was you avg beaver size back in the day. I find a lot of over 50lbers and some yearlings not much in between but I don't tray and stack 300. Just enough for bait when they are a problem. I'm guessing that's why I am trapping the family units cause they are causing the problems. No one calls when 1 tree is taken down. Only when all of them are gone. Hahahahah

Bill
It really wasn't that long ago..back in the day. In the Late sixties is when I started shooting spring beaver. It seemed that the biggest beaver were the bachelor bucks that lived in the banks, not houses. They were much like you say... a 50 lb. average. The 50+ lb. beaver were on the creeks no one had trapped for years. Otherwise 30 to 50 lb.er's were most common with the occasional blanket beaver going 60+. These were parkland beaver.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets