View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post
I gave specific examples of the areas that are sensitive in post 109 . Do you have an issue with any of those, and if so, why? I also referenced that there are many areas where OHVs would not have a significant impact, and their use appropriate.
Yes, you stated the Eastern Slopes are sensitive. An OHV trail does not damage the environment. Irresponsible use thereof will potentially damage the environment.

The thing is that your mind is made up, as is mine. As I said before, I prefer to walk when I hunt and I do not own OHVs. What really bugs me is how all hunters believe they are conservationists, but that term is open to interpretation. You believe the Eastern Slopes should be foot access only, you consider yourself a conservationist. I believe that OHV trails, properly maintained, do not pose an environmental risk. Who is right? Unfortunately our government is on your side and is running roughshod over any reasonable discussions and input.

BTW, if you want your kids / grandkids to enjoy wildlife, you should be fighting to keep OHV trails open. At this rate it will soon be a crime to step off of any government sanctioned trails, and we know how far those will extend if Y2Y has their way.