View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Hey Fishincrazy, nice boat! My brother has the same boat and it is a dream to fish out of. A word of advice on the trailer skirt/rock screen. The aluminum vertical stakes that hold the netting will fatigue in the wind eventually and begin to fold inward toward the boat. You don't want the flapping netting to touch your boat when this happens as it will wear the finish. My advice is to beef up these supports before this happens. I did this on my brothers boat.
When I purchased mine last year there was an option of two different grades of aluminum stakes, regular and heavy duty. He advised me to pay the few $$$ more and go with the heavy duty ones due to the height and length of my Tux. I'm glad I did. You also have to make sure you keep the Tux tight, if it gets loose, the buffeting action of the wind will wear out anything over a period of time.

You should have your brother call Bob at Trailer Tux and explain the problem, I'd be amazed if he wouldn't help you out with that. His customer service is second to none.

Waxy