View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
justin, thats the only argument from the anti crossbow side that makes any sense at all. to anyone who thinks its any easier to kill with a xbow vs the vertical...well the factual numbers say otherwise. success rates are basically the same anywhere they have been legalized, and im sure thats what we will see here as well. noone knows how many guys will take up bowhunting when this becomes lgal, but there will be some for sure. and within a few years many of them will see that the rumors of easy killing were just that...rumors. then many of those new archery hunters will realize that its not the slam dunk they thought and give it up. some will remain as they will have discovered something new that they like. yes more hunters out there will mean more harvest. how many more hunters remains to be seen, and yes it may mean some changes to available species in some areas. as some of us have said, we are willing to share, and as some of you have said, you are not.
i have been trying to stick with facts in this discussion, but ill throw out an opinion here. i would think that many guys already hunting with a vertical bow would see no reason to switch as most bow guys already know that a xbow is no more effective than a vertical bow. i would suspect that the majority of new xbow hunters will be gun hunters looking for a new opportunity. for most guys, the first few years of bowhunting are a whole lot of learning about things that a lot of gun hunters dont need to worry about. like how to draw a bow when your prey is only 20 yards away and you cant get busted. im not sure how anyone thinks that raising a xbow at the same range is a whole bunch less movement. do you think you have the thing held up in the shooting position all day? also, lets not forget that many guys out there arent interested in killing every animal they have an opportunity at. packhuntr points out my affinity for shooting gophers with my bow as somehow being unsuccessful as a bowhunter. pack, you've seen the pics of the type of buck im interested in. or did you forget about insinuating that im a road hunter? P&Y might consider a 145 mule deer or a 125 whitetail to be a record book worthy trophy....but i dont. my idea of big does not change with the weapon in my hand. im not interested in a small game award which is why i have not shot many of the bucks i have passed. i cant guess how many other guys will fit that description, but they will be there too.
There would be alot of guys going to go buy and hunt with them.A guy I know that works at WSS said they sell qite a few of them so I think you are incorrect on the numbers....