View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 11:55 AM

I can get you mine when I get home. If I forget, don't be afraid to PM me. I've recently switched to a dry brine. I also left the scales on last weekend as I was cleaning them outside in the dark in a snowstorm under my yard light. They actually weren't too messy when I brought them in the house.

I start at 165*F on the Traeger because that's as low as it will go. In the Bradley I'd probably start at 140*F, but the Traeger is so much better at maintaining temps during the winter. And use SuperSmoke on the Traeger if you have one and your model has it. I normally bump the temp 20*F every two hours until the thicker pieces reach 145*F...so on the Traeger 165*F for two hours, 185*F for two hours, etc. The key is to get an instant read thermometer to check temps. I ruined a lot of whites in my Bradley because it struggled to keep an even temp and I had no idea what was going on until I got a thermometer. It's helpful for beef jerky, sausages, and any other smoking you may be inclined to try.