View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeGardner View Post
It’s unfortunate you already received one reply saying exactly what you asked not to hear... some people just can’t click the back button and get on with their lives... anyways to answer your question...

I personally don’t have experience with either of these scopes. In a nutshell, I would be putting the “more appropriate” reticle choice on the rifle for what you you intend to shoot. If you’re working long range (600-1000m) then I’d suggest the first focal plane with higher magnification. Under 600m I think you’d have way too much scope with the higher magnification, although they are both plenty of scope for under 600m.
I was actually trying to be helpful. The Covenant scope he bought is $650 regular price, don't know how good a deal he got but overall not a low priced scope. Take a look through one on the higher powers, resolution and clarity is pretty bad, they move POI when you change power settings, the clicks on the turrets are mushy and have a fair amount of play. These are not a quality scope, despite the price. They are Chinese junk that I would never put on a gun I need to rely on. Cabela's will take the scope back, they took back the 3x21 I tried on a 17H, if he hasn't had it too long. With the money he spent for it he can buy a 4.5x14 Burris Fullfield. They are currently $580 at Cabela's. The Leupold VX3I is $699 at Cabelas. They are both a far better scope in terms of optical clarity, quality and toughness for a hunting rifle. I did not say spend more, I said you can get FAR better scopes for the same money he already spent.