View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aciousB View Post
Cabelas is a business. They need to recover their cost on product. If the flares are still good for three months, they're not just going to dispose of them. Of course they're going to sell them. If you're not happy with the product, go somewhere else. Personally I've had exemplary service from Cabela's over the years.
Lol yeah ok, you would pay full price something that is absolutely worthless in 90 days when it is meant to last 36 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
In today's day and age of online purchasing and unlimited long distance calling, if you need something specific, the onus is on you to research, and then make sure you are getting what you want.

Ken, I don't mean to be contrary, but in the time and negative energy it took you to write and respond in this thread, you could have found fresh flares and had an ice cold beer while watching the tube.

No store is perfect, but whenever I have had an issue at Cabelas, and it has happened a few times, some sweet talk and patience on my part has always brought about a really satisfactory result.
The thread was just to inform others that may be looking for flares. It is a very market specific post.

Is the general forum not for sharing opinions and experience with others?

Plus I have not found flares as nowhere I have called has been able to supply me with product that is date compliant.

I would be very annoyed if I spent upwards of $150 today and got a big ticket tomorrow because one of the retailers sold me expired flares. I thought others may as well. Replacement flares are $25 for 5, but the kits including the gun are quite expensive, fiy.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....