View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
Congrats! Here in lays the problem as to why the lopers get skittish, too many people push them around before the season opens. If people would just sit back before opener and watch from afar and put them to bed and go in in the dark and set up and wait for day break you more than likely would of had a really good shot at getting one of the big ones. We ran into one guy that kept screwing us up on our stocks on lopers. He figured you could just walk out in plain sight of them and get a shot off! The government gave a way too many tags out in the zone you were in the number of hunters out numbered the number of lopers.
For three mornings I started off in the dark in a blind overseeing a large area. Spotting. I had a way out of the blind to stalk in any direction. At day break every day I could see the dust and procession of pickups a mile away cruising the roads in search of...yeah there were many hunters out there but there are many antelope out there as well. Saw 200+ antelope. It is getting to be a once in a lifetime hunt for many or even unobtainable for some......can't blame guys for not being the most proficient antelope hunters. Lots of guys have never seen a pasture so big you can see your dog run away for a month. I saw one other hunter outside of a pickup.

Antelope and eggs for breakfast...