View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushNinja View Post
Sooo, I read years back, before the CP crossing was gated off from Bearspaw dam road, that once at the dam you are technically allowed to be so many feet above the high water mark. They can tell you to leave, but you have every right to be there since it’s municipal (?) Land. They don’t own the reservoir. Wont fish and wildlife chime in?surely they have a say don’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called the City of Calgary trying to see if they'd provide a point of access, or at least see how they'd respond to the inquiry.

I too was under the impression that the high water mark would be federally owned by the Crown like most other waterbodies.

They told me its leased by TransAlta, INCLUDING the high water mark.

Only legal option I was advised of was floating down from Cochrane. Told him I didn't own a jetboat to get back

Also asked about accessing via the park land thats owned by the City, was told that was not allowed; for liability reasons, even if I assumed responsibility/ liablility.

So seeing as I still don't own million dollar reservoir property or a jetboat, its fishing where the rest of us peasants fish. For another 5 or 10 or 50 years until the park access is built.