View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5425 View Post
That quote is cut and pasted from the website so it's exact. As I mentioned a CO told me that accidental interaction with wildlife is fine but if you are actively pursuing and or harassing them then they nail you. So walking in the bush with your dog is ok but if your directing the dog and using a starting pistol to reinforce a point that's a nope. I was once detained by an RCMP officer while training using chukar and a starting pistol on private land ( I had permission) because he thought chukar were wild birds even though I had them in bird launchers and had a pen in the truck. The law is wishy washy but most CO's I've met seem to be reasonable guys , most of whom hunt themselves.
Unfortunately, as written, enforcement of the "letter of the law" is only as reasonable as the CO or the government of the day.

This law makes activities such as searching for or waiting for deer just to look at them a crime if done out of season and without the appropriate hunting license.

The Sask hunting community and stakeholders should get this definition amended before it bites them.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."