View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5425 View Post
In Sask it's mentioned in the guide that harassing wildlife is an offence and I've been told by CO's that if your walking your dog and it points/bumps a bird there is no problem but if you are actively seeking them then its a nope ,though I don't know how they'd tell. Having said that until recently some pro trainers were using sharptails around Mortlach to train dogs Here's the wording.

'Hunting' is defined in the WA as including: "taking, wounding, killing, chasing, pursuing, worrying, capturing, following after or following on the trail of, searching for, shooting at, trapping, setting snares for, stalking or lying in wait for any wildlife, or attempting to do any of those things, whether or not the wildlife is then or subsequently captured, wounded or killed". 'Taking' means taking dead or alive [WA 2].
Off the OP's topic, but....

I sure hope your quote contains errors from how the actual law us written.
If not, WHAT A HORRIBLE LAW!

As quoted, this means that the Sask government could charge anybody with illegal "hunting" for almost any interaction with wildlife.
There are too many examples of common interactions between humans and wildlife that are illegal to bother starting a list.
The peasants simply at the mercy of the Crown of when punishment will be executed.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."