View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5425 View Post
In Sask it's mentioned in the guide that harassing wildlife is an offence and I've been told by CO's that if your walking your dog and it points/bumps a bird there is no problem but if you are actively seeking them then its a nope ,though I don't know how they'd tell. Having said that until recently some pro trainers were using sharptails around Mortlach to train dogs Here's the wording.

'Hunting' is defined in the WA as including: "taking, wounding, killing, chasing, pursuing, worrying, capturing, following after or following on the trail of, searching for, shooting at, trapping, setting snares for, stalking or lying in wait for any wildlife, or attempting to do any of those things, whether or not the wildlife is then or subsequently captured, wounded or killed". 'Taking' means taking dead or alive [WA 2].
Bingo!

It is best to avoid nesting birds if at all possible. Get out and either catch pigeons or buy them until the wild birds have had a chance to have their chicks and for them to grow a bit. Use good flying pigeons and you have zero issues.

BTW, I hope/guess the fella who said shoot a 22 meant shooting 22 blanks out of a starter's pistol.

That is a lovely Brittany! Looks so happy. I love Britts!