View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 11:18 PM

Default Just talking crazy here...

If the AB Government recognizes the increased number of fishermen with increased fishing pressure, could there be a DEMAND for a form of Recreation?

You know, kind of like campgrounds, and Provincial Parks, and bike paths, and pools and ball parks, etc?

You know, like an important form of outdoor recreation which is highly valued by a significant amount of Alberta Citizens?

You know, like a whole bunch of people who are pouring money into the economy through their outdoor pursuits?

You know, like Fishermen?

Wouldn't it be about time that Alberta enhances the fish populations of these lakes with an increased fish stocking program? I know, there are a bunch of bureaucrats and politicians that don't see the value in our form of outdoor recreation, but obviously they are aware of it the way they count the details in minutia. They also are eager to ignore the economic contribution as well.

The money is in the General Revenue Account for the support of this tax paying user group.

I am sick and tired of the Bios getting on the Board saying that Fishermen are the problem. I suppose if we all stop fishing, that would suit them fine. Of course, the economic impact, and the alternate recreation facilities that the Province would need, would cost them as well.

Instead, how about enhancing the populations by stocking fish for the fishermen to utilize? Other jurisdictions have considerably stronger stocking programs than Alberta, and can meet the demand through enhancement.

Fishermen are no less entitled to Government support than a lot of other user groups that do not pay for the resources that they use.

Then again, I'm just talking crazy here ...

Drewski