View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
I was showing that this is not a historic 58% increase in anglers, but in comparison to 2005. Compared to 1985 it's a decrease. People twist the numbers to look however they want, that's all I'm trying to show.

100% agree there are major environmental factors at play and we have lost many lakes to falling water levels and winter/ summer kills. A sad state of affairs. Same thing is occurring on the coast, collapse of Pacific salmon is happening before our eyes. Fishermen once again being blamed as cheapest measure. Stop fishing because dealing with the actual issues like managing predator numbers and restoring lost habitat would cost too much and hurt the tree huggers to kill a few seals.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I appreciate the past numbers you included. Thanks.

By the way, nothing being twisted here. Simply showing a different trend in AB from the other provinces which surely will not help the situation. Who knows for 2020, it could be lower than 2015 due to reduced limits
I will be curious for sure.

I was going to mention the low water levels in some areas and even the West Coast. So yeah, we are thinking along the same lines. Lots of contributing factors.

As for blame the fishermen or angler, I understand why you say that but I see it as inevitable of all users. Commercial and the like.