View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 06:20 PM

Ha, your not kidding

The only problem with me is that when I scale back, I normally do it in a big way with lots of spending power.

I was pretty much on track with the Ought-6, then along come the F Class Shooting freight train that I some how ended up climbing aboard,,, of course a person can't just own 1 target shooting rifle, so I picked up a second unit for back-up in the Stock F Class division. LOL

If I'm going to lay it on the line in the FTR, then I better be able to copy it in the Stock Class

The FTR Rig is 10 kg's all in, it's not fair to compare this to real world shooting skills. Stock Class rig is 9 lbs total, it takes pretty steady hands to hone in on the tiny V ring down range from 400 to 900 meters.

The V is 5", it's hard to see when the heat waves are rolling off the barrel, sometimes I end up retracting the zoom to 12 or 14 power with a barrel heat shield so I can at least see the target down range.

It's like looking at a target threw water as the heat waves don't allow my eye to focus on where I want to launch the bullet,,, it get so blurry at times I just give up and punch a hole in the fellows target beside me. Ha

Nothing like loosing points to start of the year.