View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Ha, your not kidding about optic prices NW

I know my next scope is going to be from down south when I find some on sale.

Radius prices on them up here.

Exchange, duty, plus tax isn't that much even if I have to pay the extra over the allowable limit, normally it's only a few bucks per every $100 over.

I don't think $20 to $40 over the allowance will hurt my back account. Ha

I've been doing the 2 shooting load thing to slow down the chamber throat flash / "The Burn."

My off season plinking load is 5 to 6 grains off max, big savings on rifling wear.
The other 100 rounds for the hunting season are hot, I'm just closing in on the 8000 shots fired on the old Ought-6,,, pretty sure that the barrel will be toast by spring.

1 1/2 years on this pipe. LOL.

A quick change out on the barrel, I'll spend more time using the 22 rimfire and bow after that,,, its boiling down to savings over the long hual.

Thinking about it that is. Ha
Figure I'll put 2 bits in a can for every round fired to pay for a new barrel. Should do the trick for barrel replacement if needed.
I don't generally monkey around with target loads and hunting loads but having said that I'll have to decide between bergers or Barnes. My two favorite. We'll see how it goes. Hoping to have it here by antelope time but might be doubtful.