View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to throw those individuals under the bus. Do you even know them or are you just repeating what someone told you?

The first batch of fur that I took in last season I had the opportunity to chat with Coral and Anne (I think that was her name?). I immediately noticed how stressed out they both were so I stuck around until things quieted down a bit because I was concerned about them. I told Coral that she needed to take care of herself and rest up a bit. That's when I found out about the re-org with AJ no longer managing the depot and was dedicated full time to teaching trapping courses and that both her and Anne (?) had put in their notices. I was really disappointed to hear that but given both their highly stressed condition I didn't need to ask why they were leaving. For $14 per hour I would have put my health first as well.

The next batch of fur that I brought in there was only AJ there running the whole show. He seemed somewhat stressed as well but not as concerning to me as what the two ladies were. I couldn't imagine that lasted too long.

Leadership principle #6 - Know your personnel and promote their welfare.

What limited ATA funds are you referring to? Now that the Standard Trapping Course is mandatory, "the demand for courses has significantly increased." (From the ATA site). Logic would dictate that there has also been an increase in revenue......correct? How is it that a depot manager, an admin clerk and a staff member in the depot/store was affordable prior to the influx of revenue but not after? (Honest question)

I don't know who's brainwave it was to eliminate the manager position and frankly I don't care. What I do take exception with is people who would throw these two ladies under the bus and make it sound like they ran out on their jobs. Both ladies had always provided me with outstanding service and routinely went above and beyond in their duties (ie. Labelling my coyotes in a specific order in order for me to track the grades at auction). In all my visits to the ATA I have never, ever observed them relaxing on the job. Quite the contrary, they had always been very busy with their duties.
The old saying " The empty vessel makes the most noise" really suites you Dave lmao