View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 12:04 PM

Big Grey Wolf, you are a true pack leader, I respect your attitude of pulling together while still checking the facts.

People love conspiracies. But if you attend your local meetings, AGM's, etc all will be revealed.

Executive Director who was hired didn't meet performance standards so was let go. ATA streamlined processes and reviewed office staffing and realized their were savings to be had without loss of member services.

And i'm sure if you talk to anyone who is out of a job, and its not their choice, what kind of feedback would you get? I applaud the exec for taking action.

I'm sure you all attend local meeting so you know our exec is actively developing work plans and strategic planning? If I could wave my magic wand no trapper would be able to make public complaints if they weren't an ATA active member and kept themselves informed.

You guys sniping about the ATA are shooting yourselves in the foot. This isn't government, industry, or some NGO. This is us, these are our fellow trappers, everyone on of them with a real bush resume and passion for our industry. Yet year after year they get dumped on by the people they're trying to help. In no way are they perfect. In fact we've butted heads over the years on issues, but respectfully and face to face.

If you won't step up and offer constructive criticism it says more about your character then the ATA. Imagine the power if every local took the time to send a personal thank you from their local to the Exec for looking out for us. Wouldn't that empower them going into a negotiation? Knowing the members have their back, not trying to kneecap them? I guess I live in a different world.

And no Nube it's not always about you, I was talking to porkfat, who like Elvis has left the room, but like Jesus will be back I'm sure in another form.