View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stob View Post
Hi #11

Patterned a lot of shells and choke tubes, and although they cost a premium, I can't find any holes on the patterning board with them (12ga invector for a Browning and a Winnie)... that said the Briley's in my 28ga are almost as good but not quite as good as the muller's ... no sense throwing lead at clays with a crappy pattern from average chokes you will just defeat yourself - that is why the after market choke's got legs
You keep missing the fact that the OP is looking for a gun to hunt upland birds, not a competition gun for clays. I do however shoot a lot of clays myself, and I have shot plenty of clean rounds of skeet with both factory and aftermarket chokes, and with fixed choke guns as well. You can drink the Muller cool aid if you choose, but they are not going to change a B level shooter into a AA shooter, or even an A shooter. For every person that raves about Muller, there is someone else raving about another manufacturer. I shoot sub gauge guns myself, where the patterns are less dense and the uniformity of the pattern is the most important, and I don't bother with Muller myself. If I honestly thought that Muller would gain me even two or three targets out of a hundred, I would be using them.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 11-28-2017 at 01:53 PM.