View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post

Here’s my main three with a new addition included. From top to bottom.

CZ 455 .22WMR Varmint Thumbhole, Leupold 4-12x40 AO Fine Duplex, Rifle Basix Trigger set to 20 oz.

New member. Ruger 77 .22WMR. It will be wearing the exact same scope as described above. I still need to do some honing to smarten up the trigger. Or do a replacement. Need to decide.

Ruger 77 .22 Hornet, same Scope as above. Factory trigger has been worked by Dave Henry and breaks at 2lbs even.

Browning A-Bolt .22 Hornet. It wears a VX3 2.5-8x36. I replaced the trigger weight of pull spring. Can’t recall the manufacturer but it’s really nice. Breaks right around the 2lb mark as well but I believe a tad under. Yes, that’s a Limb Saver on it for crying out loud. What can I say? On a high volume day wearing a t-shirt it’s a lot less abrasive than the factory plate. I got a pile of factory ammo with this rifle and I’m almost to the end so I started working up a load. 35gr V-max over 12.8gr Lil Gun at 1.725” COAL is papering 0.74” 5 shot groups at 100 yards.

Will be working on loads for the 77 Hornet soon and hopefully I find one I can run double duty in both Hornets.

The 455 really likes the CCI Maxi Mags in 40 gr JHP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try 12.6 of LilGun in WW or Privi brass with Fed Small pistol primers and 40 grain VMAx or Blitzkings. About 3100 FPS. IF RP brass you will need another .3 grains of powder. My browning will shoot those into .75" at 200 yards, as will the CZ and a number of other Hornets I have tried the load in. In fact I would go so far as to say if your gun won't shoot that load under an inch at 200 yards there is something wrong with the gun or the shooter.

The 35 grainers shoot good to 100-150 yards then their beach ball shape the accuracy falls apart. The 40 you can consistently hit gophers to 275 yards.