Thread: Snaring seminar
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:26 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

The rest of your post almost doesn't dignify a response.

My game is not some get rich quick scheme, I sell stuff because that is where my path has led, but I built stuff because 20+ years ago I believed that we needed to step up the snare or potentially lose it. I loved using common neck snares and didn't want to end up down the same path as Manitoba, and be forced to use Rams only.

(Seems your worst fear happened over 20 years ago in MB and like 10 years ago in SK, and almost happened in AB as well)

On top of that, I love my coyotes, and had no desire for them to ever suffer. When I seen the Ram 27 years ago, I believed I could get similar results with a small torsion spring, had to be a way. So developing the mini snare spring was always in the back of my mind.

... not to get rich but to treat these beautiful coyotes better. Do realize, very little entanglement in these parts and the Hansen Kill Pole helped but wasn't the solution. Not to get rich, but to benefit the trapping industry.

Then the American breakaway devices of the day were a massive flop. Seemed nobody was willing to ever lose a coyote and massively over gunned on the BADs that were widely being used. So that needed fixing too. Last season, I caught 100s and 100s of coyotes without holding a deer... that's called fixing.

So what are you doing Dave? What are you doing to further our industry? Anything? Looks from here like nothing constructive, but I won't cut you off at the knees, but do tell.