Thread: Snaring seminar
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by South west trappin RG View Post
It was well known at the agm last year. Dave I hope you come to the rendezvous an actually talk to some real people instead of comming up with conspiracy theory’s at your computer. I bet you think your some kinda hero why don’t you become a town cop an take your built up frustration on speeders an picking up stray dogs.
Discussions to bring in a mandatory Snaring course began in 2015 or earlier. At the 2015 AGM nothing was said about it.

In 2016, just two weeks prior to the AGM, the association formally requested a mandatory Snaring course and a seperate Snaring license. At the 2016 AGM nothing was said about it.

In July 2017 I acquired the FOIP request and discovered what was going on. I shared that knowledge with my fellow Trappers and announced it publically. Only after the cat was out of the bag was it mentioned at the 2017 AGM.

The individual that provided the snaring brief at last year's AGM was also in attendance at the 2016 AEP meeting when the association made the formal request. In May 2017 while giving a Snaring seminar at the Edmonton Local, the same individual told the members in attendance that there was a "Rumour" that it may become mandatory. Yeah, ya think? This is where I should get my info?

Thanks, but I think that I'll stick with FOIP requests to AEP to get the facts.