View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Even with such a limited catalog, I think this is a very good sign. I think the private fur buyer bonanza works in the patient trappers favor. If the private buyers snatch up a descent percentage of the supply to satisfy their contracts it leaves the rest of the market fighting over what’s left....a limited supply and a house full of fur hungry buyers at the auction house will likely generate a higher average. Time will tell.
BINGO!

What I find really interesting about the NDFTA auction is that these are Trapper lots meaning that all of the lots being offered were pelts from specific Trappers. Unlike NAFTA where they grade the fur and put them in amongst other Trappers fur based on grade, Trappers put their own fur in the auction by lots. That means that the top lot of furs that sold were all one trapper’s fur. Catch the right coyotes and put them up well and you get rewarded.

That’s my understanding based on what I read on Trapperman.......one Trapper got top lot with 60ish coyotes! Nice payday!