View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 07:51 PM

Thumbs up Gostwear FTW

I have found the 18oz. Merino wool pants are comfortable for hiking and short stands to -15C. When it gets colder I wear the 24oz. wool pants. Haven't needed to wear a base layer with either, yet. The wife liked the Merino wool so much, she got a pair as well. Although she wears a base layer, because wool.
The cargo pants are extra roomy in the legs, I have read that the regular pants in both weights fit more like jeans. These are old school wool work/hunting pants, they ride high and hang heavy, especially when you fill the pockets with stuff. I ended up getting their suspenders to keep everything in its proper place. Cue Elmer:
They are not as wind proof as the Work King fleece lined jeans, adding a base layer would make them comparable.

Considering I request normal Canada Post shipments, all of the orders I placed with Gostwear arrived correct and in reasonable time. There was one order that had an out of stock item, I was informed the same day via e-mail with a request for instructions: cancel item or leave on backorder, with as much as a 3 month wait. They were honest about it, so I left the item on order, it arrived about 2 months later.
10/10 will buy from them again.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell