View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 04:09 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I want to try one of these fishing kayaks before I buy... Worries me my back will not be able to handle the sitting position for and period of time. Does anyone with severe lower back problems have any input?

Looks like a great time! Sorry for the semi-hijack of your thread...

Well I am about as beat up as they come, broke my back twice, right hip replaced and arthritis in the left hip but that being said even in mine I can sit for 8hrs as they are super comfy.
I think the key is having the ability to change positions which in all fairness the higher end models of yaks allow you to do this and even stand up.
A wider yak 34-36 inches and 12 feet in length allows a very stable platform and toss in a chair that allows you to set it up in different positions to accommodate what you like is the answer.
I have eye balled the old town sportsman 120 pedal yak hard for all the creature comforts, maybe when I get a little older give mine to the kids and jump into the Cadillac of yaks!

Until then all I can say is they are a blast just so peaceful and when you get into a fish it’s just simple fun.

Ohhh I almost rolled out of mine today reaching way over as I got a little excited after a serious hit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...