View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 11:04 AM

This is why i asked the question of self representation or if a Lawyer was present. The information about the case so far is that
"Our very good friend and lawyer Greg Dunn, criminal defence lawyer extraordinaire (Dunn & Associates, Calgary)" won this victory.

If i file in Red Deer on my own, things can go completely different. That is why i am wondering if it was oneself or represented by a professional. Since the article information posted states it was a Law Firm that won the day in court.

Does anyone know how much Mr Dunn charged for this day in court. Is he willing to represent numerous members to file.
What is the predicted cost to go through with the section 74 filing.

I have been estimated anywhere from 10to 30 thousand to follow through with legal representation on this matter, it could go upwards of 50 thousand depends on the gov and how they want to fight this themselves. I dont know many with 10g in their back pocket let alone 50g to fight something like this. Thats why it is important to know before people move forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Of the 12 cases heard so far, 9 were self represented I believe, including most in Calgary. I don't know all the particulars at this time.

The small numbers of us who did file, have been actively collaborating across Canada, and those with legal experience and background have been carrying the heavy load for those of us without that background. They have been freely sharing all their resources and information, because ultimately it is all our interests to contest the revocations. So yes, there is help available for those who want to file.

As we have success, a lot of this will end up as PDF files that can be shared, essentially plug and play submissions and arguments that have been successful. Submit, stand in court and read. Do lots of homework, so if the judge asks you questions, you can answer without looking stupid. I have a file on my desk about 2" thick that I have read and re-read, and that I'm adding to almost daily.

It can be done, self representing, when you have strength in numbers.