View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 07:26 PM

Swell looks good from Sunday through the week at lady musgrave.

One of the local fishing stores had a sale last week so I picked up a pair of new reels for under $200 a piece.

The little speedmaster boasts 40lbs of drag, two speeds, 104 cm retrieval per crank in high range and is spooled up with 700m of 50lb braid and a short 50lb mono topshot

I put it on a 10kg trolling rod so I could use it for light game trolling as well and gives me the “necessity” to buy another 15 or 24kg trolling rod for the tyrnos I took off that rod. Those little 10kg sticks are awesome on meat fish but hurt when tied onto anything over 100kg.

The torium is more for the boys given it’s a star drag. They only have to flick the lever up and will have up to 25lbs of drag, 114cm of retrieval per crank. It too is spooled up with 50lb braid and a short 50lb topshot

It’s on a faithful 24kg Shimano Tcurve jigging rod.

Drags are set and the rigs are tied. I restocked with a couple hundred more mustad 8/0 hooks and picked up another 5kg of #7 ball sinkers.

I also picked up a solar blanket and MPPT regulator. Should keep the house bank topped up while the outboard isn’t running which will offset the fridge pulling the battery down while it’s keeping my beer cold.

This time, the plan is to head for deeper water and target some legal red emperor and largemouth nannygai which are these two species

Should find them out in 60-100m along with some pearl perch and tuskies. We may strike out and go back to shallower water for the usual suspects but it’s good to have a plan.

Now we just need to catch some mullet with the cast net and buy some squid and a few kg’s of pilchards.

Going to head for lady musgrave this time and probably take a buddy as well as the boys. He’s going to bring a swag and I’ll kick him out on the island to sleep.

Last edited by Coiloil37; 07-05-2021 at 07:32 PM.