View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 11:48 PM
AO Sponsor

I don't buy that dawgs come 2-3 miles to bait piles, or we would have a horrendous amount of dawg by-catch. 778 coyotes last winter and zero dawgs, and I'm regularly closer to dawgs than 2-3 miles.

Undisciplined, unruly, stupid dawgs just run the 2-3 miles, actually some further. Good dogs are under control of their owners and don't run all over and get themselves in trouble.

Meanwhile, once upon a time I set Magnum Alberta Powersnare in Calgary city limits within relatively short distance and had zero dawg encounters in light of there being 100's upon hundreds of dawgs in the area. Under authority of a damage licence of course.

The difference... Order! Rule of law.... Very nice!

Ravens do attract coyotes during daylight hours, is a fact, watch coyotes come to various call sounds, they also eat lots of bait. However, as coyotes are very active at night,the Ravens will have little attraction at night, aside from raven stench from raven poopies.

I just wish we had a much smaller raven population. Be a lot better for many, many lesser species that they actively prey upon. Ravens do much killing.