View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternFur View Post
Alright guys, enough with the nonsense. We haven't increase prices due to any neighboring tanneries closing, nor does it cost $475 to tan a wolf at our facility. The prices are under $300 and have been so for the last couple of years. Licensed taxidermists and those bringing in larger quantity receive even lower prices. I've been made aware of some of the people posting on these forums from other reputable business owners, and it seems as though this isn't anything new. No one forces you to continue doing business with anyone you've had a bad experience with. These posts typically say much more about the user than the business itself. If any of you would like to share with the rest of us on how you run your successful high volume/low cost operations with us, we would surely love to hear it gentleman.

-Stanley
Owner/operator
Western Fur Tannery

I guess the hide was frozen and not salted, although at 5 pounds of hide total for a wolf that weighed 100 pounds on a scale there couldn’t have been too mush fleshing to do. So there was a salting and fleshing fee charged, which brought the cost up to $467.22

Since we're talking now I also had a bison done for a client. The cost for that seemed to fall in line with the outrageous wolf price but apparently that’s the cost of doing business. I guarantee none will ever go your way again

Shoulder mount cape tanning (it had to be fleshed and salted ) $1478
Back skin with tail (it had to be fleshed and salted ) $828

Just over $2300 to tan one bison that was off the skull with lips, ears, and nose done.

Hard to believe you can keep the lights on at those prices !