Thread: 22 ammo flyers
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 01:27 PM

I have shot thousands of 22lr rounds through semis, bolts, and levers with irons, peeps, scopes..ect
First off even expensive rounds can be spotty w fliers. Just your group agg is opened up proportionately. Ie cheap ammo might make a .5" group with a flier opening it to 5/8 where some match eley might put 4 into a ragged hole then open up to 1/4"...
I have weight sorted, and rim sorted. Generally weight sorting resulted in more noticeable precision gain. However with certain brands rim sorting gave great results. After sorting shoot in batches and your golden.
The other issue I have run into( scoped rifles) is parallax. It definitely matters. Especially when shooting closer range groups..20,30,40 50 yds ect. I only run scopes that have adjustable parallax down to 10 yds now.
22lr are great fun and it's hard to beat a fun time shooting tiny groups, banging on the shooting tree against another shooter, or playing golf, or even wacking steel way out there..extra large old cookie sheets are great fun to smack @4-500 yds.
Shooting CF is a great time but it's hard to wipe the smile off my face after spending some time with a good ol 22lr.
Sounds like your having a great time. Enjoy