View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 11:36 AM

I've been shooting a fierce 300 wm for 6 years now. Carbon barrel.
Have had no issues with it, and still shoots with factory ammo, touching holes at 100 yrds. I set it up to shoot for distance with a larger scope. Will probably sell it once the new rifle shows up.

That said, I am in the process of getting a custom 6.5 PRC built, and awaiting on the smith to finish things up. This has been a bit of a process, that is taking WAY longer than anticipated. Frustrating process, but they have lives as well, and when things are falling apart on their end, well, things get stalled. Looks like this hunting season is a bust with the new rifle.

Factory ammo is hard to come by, but slowly being available, and I have seen it show up in stores on line. I bought a bunch last year when I decided to get the rifle built, so I bought on the old cheaper pricing.

The custom rifle will be a bit more for costs, depending on the plan for the build, and the pcs you want. That said, it is what you want, and you get to choose the pcs. I'm building up on the defiance action, with a shorter carbon barrel, and a light magnesium chassis.

This all spurned from the custom takedown 22 LR that I ordered pcs for and built up, 2 years ago, and then thought how sweet it would be to do that with a rifle.