View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Our range policy is that nobody is allowed to interfere with other members. It's up to you to control where you eject your cases, and if your muzzle blast is moving something on the next bench, due to a brake, it's up to you to move, or wait until the other person is done. We don't put up with a lot of the nonsense that is tolerated at other ranges, we typically give offenders one warning, and repeat offenders will be looking for another range to shoot at.
I would think that is standard at every range, but it is nebulous, and as open to the interpretation of the guy plunking himself down next to another with his braked big bad hoochie mama rifle, as the guy who has had his day ruined.

I will say it again, it is very easy to avoid this. Designate a few benches as braked rifle benches. Then they have to sit at those benches, and if the only bench open is the one next to them, then I guess you wait. That is the ONLY thing that would avoid the guy sitting down next to you with his braked rifle when there are other benches open. It is quite simple. As it is, all your rule does is leave it open to interpretation, and pizzing matches on the line. And yes, I have seen them.