View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If the blast missed the shooter entirely, I wouldn't need both plugs and muffs to shoot my braked rifles comfortably with the brakes installed. And with the braked 50BMG that I fired, I could feel the concussive force on the left side of my body. As to idiots bouncing cases off of other shooters, we give them one warning at our range, they don't get a second warning.
Your right, I worded it incorrectly, I didn't mean entirely. But the air blast mostly misses the shooter, (also brake design dependent).
I had a gopro video of my old 3 gill brake and you could see the concussion come out and down and miss the shooter behind the rifle. Still a lot louder, but the MAIN air blast misses.

Just next time you shoot, shoot prone and watch the dust, its not coming up from beside your head as much as it is all around you. Its still a /\ shape with the shooter in the bottom center of the V. Or stand directly behind the shooter, vs beside. Beside sucks, you feel it in your chest.

My radial braked rifle is absurdly loud now, and I wear plugs and muffs for it. And they are for me when shooting alone.