View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
I don't think I saw anywhere on this whole thread where anybody even suggested the 6.5 CM was a crappy game getter or unsuitable for hunting BG. It was however mentioned ,more than once, by some gum flapper that it would be a crappy large game getter at 600 yds. Quite possibly that somebody was me. Your buddy shooting a cow Elk at 120 yds with a 140 is well within the CM's parameters .. another 480 yds to go and there would be a distinct difference. You sound like a marksmanship instructor as well. Any other suggestions?
My remarks were not directed at you specifically. Earlier on in the thread there was some guy posting about it's lack of performance on pronghorn. I have made 2 one shot kills on whitetail deer out past 400yds with my 243 shooting 95 gr partitions. I would not even hesitate to stretch the 6.5 cm to 600yds on big game. As for my marksmanship instructor qualifications if your ever out my way I'd love to do some shooting with you. I'm sure there's things I could learn from your experience. I am a decent long range shooter with kills out past 800 yds but there's always room for improvement and your never done learning. To be fair I'm not interested in ever getting a 6.5 cm but it is capable to 600yds as a big game rifle. It's been proven. To state otherwise is just incorrect