View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Doesn’t really matter but not all products are purchased by Calgary and then shipped to Edmonton, they operate as separate entities under the same brand. If you look between the stores, they carry a bit of different product in response to what the local market calls for. They do swap inventory between stores if someone needs something that one store has and another doesn’t, so it’s good that way.

LC
My mistake, I thought everything on the online store came out of Calgary. It is good they support each like that. Actually when I call Edmonton Jimbows for a high wrist grip for my Realm X, I think they called Calgary to get it shipped up.

I guess the point is, businesses come in different sizes and they all have their advantages and disadvantages.... but that doesn't make 1 business more legitimate than the other.

My neighbor bought his bow from Lawrence 6 years ago and we went out there yesterday to get his free Prime strings installed. It was a 2 hours visit telling stories and talking about the up coming hunting seasons. When Lawrence books someone in, it is a 1 on 1 appointment and he explains everything he is doing, why he is doing it, and even tries to teach you how it is done. If you buy a new bow from Lawrence, he will meet you at bow benders and help you walk back tune, broadhead tune, and set up your sight. That is all included in the purchase of a new bow.

I never had anything but excellent service from Jimbows as well and there facility and inventory is second to none. It is just a little different experience and that probably has to do with the volume of customers at Jimbows vs a 1 on 1 experience at Lawrence. But a person can be smart about when they go Jimbows and the guys are great to have a chat with as long as they were not helping another customer. Just don't plan to go to Jimbow on Saturday in mid August and find guys not run off their feet.

As customer I am glad I have options, it would be terrible if we all drove Dodges... good for mechanics though!