View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 01:40 PM

I've been shooting since I was a kid. We stored bows and arrows for a summer camp so the brothers and I would shoot year round. My older brother got a 30# compound bow and I kept trying to pull it back until I could. then I start shooting with it. no squirrel was safe. Then a club started in town and I shared a bow with my sister. Our family went to the BC winter games a few times. came back with medals. I always had a traditional bow though. That's what the brothers and I prefered to play around with. Always competing with each other. With the compound bow I fire 1000 arrows before each hunting season. My first year bow hunting I got an Elk a deer and a coyote. It's been over 30 years since I shot my first arrow. How much the sport has progressed, especially equipment is insane. Arrows used to be soft aluminum that all shot differently and had to be gingerly pulled from the target and regularly straightened. Now you just yank them out and forget about them. Bows are incredibly fast and forgiving. When I upgrade my compound bow I won't be buying new. Alberta has piles of good used bows. And they can come with nice extras if you shop around.