View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 09:09 PM

Default Tooth of the Arrow

Some guys were interested in knowing about a new(er) head on the market. It’s a cross between a Montec and a Slick Trick taking the best of both.

Short stout strong design, 4 blades, low profile, super sharp, heat treated, one piece solid machined.

Previously I was unable to get a fixed head to tune out past 40-50 yards. These ones I have been able to get to group at 100 yards! A buddies 70 year old mother took a moose with a short draw APA rattler at 40lbs last year...with a wicked blood trail. All things considered equal I think the fixed head is the way to go...provided you can get them to tune well. My bow spits these out around 296fps, a buddy is using them out of a turbo cam at over 310fps. If I had a flyer, it just needed to be nock tuned and was likely the arrow not the head.

They come in 85,100,125,175 weight option, they also come in a 4 blade 1 3/16” cut. I was originally concerned about a small cutting diameter but 1”x1” is actully fairly large and creates a nice hole. Hoping a local store will carry them soon!

100 yard group

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 08-28-2018 at 09:36 PM.