View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddisman View Post
It has been a journey for sure just having a puppy and trying to learn all about that. when to push and how much. The gun introduction has been going way better than expected. Started with cap guns in the backyard while playing. took her out shooting at targets with the 22. Then trowing clays and the 410. This week I introduced a 28 gauge after the 410 and no flinching or a care in the world. Next week I hope to introduce a 20 gauge and hopefully buying some chuckars. Need to WWbirds to see if I can buy some.
Does anyone do training where you don't have to leave the pup for a week or a month, don't think I could bear a month without her.
I don't know where you live, but I do know of a trainer that does evaluations and individual training sessions near Delburne. One session really helped me get past a sticking point in forced fetch .If you don't want to leave your dog with a trainer, join a NAVHDA chapter for 2020. There are indoor training sessions in winter, an then outdoor training starting in spring. The experienced trainers can help you with the basics, and you can practise on your own between training days. As well, you may meet people living close to you, that you can train with outside of club training days.