Thread: Ford or Dodge?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 03:15 PM
Banned

I would think resale on the 3:55 would be the bigger factor to consider as for what your needs are neither axle will make a difference to mileage worth noticing. Get up and go off the line will be a little less snappy with the 3:21, that's about it.

I raced my uncles hemi ram 1500 pre-8speed from a dig, whooped him with my little v6 8spd. He was surprised. I tree'd him but it wouldn't have mattered. If you haven't experienced that combo you don't realize how effective it is.

If you try and stomp the v8 8spd from a dig you just spin. If my little 6 has wet on the roads i still spin from a dig if i stomp it. I can only hammer it on the dry and no one you race will ever know you only have a v6, it's quick!

I constantly pole position and hole shot at lights, did i mention i drive fast? Like always in a hurry. This truck doesn't suffer at all for my driving style, it's actually perfect. I rented a hemi and it just lights em up everywhere, i'd likely get tired of that or have to get my foot retrained to a touch i guess.

The pentastar 8spd combo has proven very versatile combo, well sorted and a perfect match for each other imo.

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 04-18-2018 at 03:22 PM.