View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I'd sure be happy to see Monahan and Johnny start putting up those points, any time now would be good...Thank God for Frolik, Backlund, Tkachuck, and that amazing D corp in general.

I agree with you on McDavid, whether or not he can actually attain to his potential is going to have a lot to do with the rest of those guys he plays with, if they can start doing their part. Hopefully he can stay healthy, as this kinder gentler era of hockey seems to make it easy for teams to take liberties on real super star players without any consequence.
I have no doubt McDavid and Draisaitl will put up as good or better stats than last year. The X factor for the Oilers is secondary scoring. If Nuge, Maroon, and Lucic all can crack 20 goals and Strome and Letstu are between 10 to 15, then the Oilers are going to have a hell of a season. Talbot is fighting through his slow start and we finally have a real back-up that can play 15 games. If I had a wish list, I would get Mcdavid and Draisaitl a legitimate trigger guy. A shooter that teed it up on a regular basis, but then that would just be unfair.