Thread: Testing meat
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 11:40 AM

I am not making claims against farmers that put food on my table. I am suggesting that there is nothing healthy about crowded feed lot operations.

We see so many cows with diarrhea and chit all over them that we think it is healthy and normal.
If a human had a perpetual snotty nose we would assume an infection.
If a human had either one of these symptoms we would know there is something wrong.

We like the taste of beef fat so much that we think morbidly obese animals are OK. It is good for the industry that sells by the pound. If a human had the same percentage of obesity, one could almost bet on diabetes, fatty liver disease, coronary artery disease, inflammation, arthritis, high blood pressure etc. It is fortunate that these animals are slaughtered in their youth because to allow them to live to old age would be down right cruel.

I realize that with our population and need to feed the many there may be not much alternative for a meat eating population.

I think that cows are probably healthier as food before they get to the feeding operations.

This thread was started by the suggestion that some would like their gifted meat tested. If one does not appreciate the superior quality of healthy game meat, they do not deserve the gift.